Thank you for considering donating your used books to the Mahomet Library. We sort the donations, add the treasures to our collection, and give the remaining books in good condition to the Friends of the Mahomet Library for their book sales. Upon request, books we cannot use may be returned to the donor. If you are considering making book donations, please keep in mind the following guidelines so that the library does not waste staff time and incur disposal costs.
We CAN accept:
- New or like new hardback fiction and nonfiction (prefer titles less than 3 years old unless they are classics)
- Gently used paperbacks that have not yellowed
- Children's books that have not been torn or marked.
- DVD's, CD's, and books on CD that are in good condition.
We CANNOT accept:
- Books that are dirty, water-stained or moldy.
- Garage sale leftovers.
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, Readers Digest condensed books
- Technology books (computers, portable devices, software, etc.) more than one year old
- VHS and cassette tapes.