Youth Services and Programming Librarian
The Mahomet Public Library District is seeking a creative, energetic and dynamic individual to serve as our Youth Services and Programming Librarian. Major responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining the children’s and young adult collections.
- Planning and implementing innovative programs for all ages including preschool, school age, young adult, family and summer reading programs.
- Assisting patrons with the use of digital and print resources.
- Marketing programs and services via print and social media.
Qualified candidates must:
- Hold a Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited Library School
- Demonstrate a history of innovative programming and strong storytelling skills
- Have a broad knowledge of children’s and YA literature
- Be comfortable using social media and emerging technologies.
- Have experience in youth services (2 years desired).
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefit bank, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund.
Lynn Schmit, Director
Mahomet Public Library
1702 E Oak Street
Mahomet, IL 61853
or via email to Lynn@MahometPublicLibrary.org.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
If you would like to volunteer at the library, please complete this Volunteer Application and return it to the library. Please note that volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
For more information on volunteering at the library, please contact Lynn Schmit, Library Director.