Friends of the Mahomet Public Library (FMPL) is a volunteer organization whose purpose is to provide financial and other support for programs, collections, and the public use of the Mahomet Public Library.
The current Friends officers and board members include:
Board Members - Nancy Boma, Erica Buzicky, Lori Ludwig, Patricia Murdoch, Marlys Scarbrough, Maureen Van Hoorn
What We Do
FMPL supports the Library by:
- Funding the technology center
- Supporting library services, including the coffee station, reading programs for all ages, and Zinio digital magazines.
- Donating equipment, including a U.S. Flag for the Edgar Meeting Room, a digital camera, a laminator, poster sign stands, and a portable P.A. system.
- Volunteering at special library events
- Donating annually to the library’s Endowment Fund
All funds raised by the Friends go toward supporting the library. Fundraising efforts include:
- Membership fees
- Used book sales 2-3 times per year
- Used books sold at the library year round
- The annual Run for the Library, held in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Mahomet
- General donations
Friends of the Mahomet Public Library is a 501(c)3 Not for Profit Organization. Donations to FMPL are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Membership in Friends is only $5 per year per individual or $10 per family. Benefits include early admission to book sales and the opportunity to participate in activities and meet other people who share your interest in the library. To join, please fill out this application form and return it to the library.